Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration testing (VAPT) is the process of identifying security gaps in your IT infrastructure by mimicking real world attacks. Think about it as quality assurance for your IT security. By exploiting security vulnerabilities, penetration testing helps you determine how to best mitigate and protect your vital business data from future cyber-security attacks.
What Does Penetration Testing Mean to a Business?
A penetration test is a crucial component to network security. Through these tests a business can identify:
- Security vulnerabilities before a hacker does
- Gaps in information security compliance
- The response time of their information security team, i.e. how long it takes the team to realize that there is a breach and mitigate the impact
- The potential real-world effect of a data breach or cybersecurity attack
- Actionable remediation guidance
Types of Services
- Black-Box Testing
- Zero knowledge of the target IT Infrastructure
- Testing as an attacker
- White-Box Testing
- Full knowledge of the target IT Infrastructure
- Testing as a developer
- Grey-Box Testing
- Combination of both White and Black box testing methods
- Some knowledge of the target IT Infrastructure
- Testing as a user with access to some data
Your website is the public face of the organization among your customers, suppliers and potential investors. Web application attacks, launched on port 80/443, go straight through the firewall, past the operating system and network level security, and right into the heart of your application and corporate data. Tailor-made web applications are often insufficiently tested, have undiscovered vulnerabilities and are therefore easy prey for hackers.
Find out if your website is secure before hackers download sensitive data, launch criminal activity from your website and endanger your business.
CICRA can conduct this scan externally and provide you a detailed report on the possible vulnerabilities and how to remediate them. With years of Information Security experience, CICRA will conduct this scan using state of the art scanning methodologies to uncover vulnerabilities inside your website.